Saturday, May 19, 2012


My husband and I were driving through Kapolei and he pointed out a banner by the community park, "Look, there's a Kapolei Boot Camp and it's only $7 a session." I looked but I shook my head "no".

I wondered about it as we drove past the banner and into the shopping center.

Am I being a fitness class snob?

No, I don't think so especially when I was able to view the boot camp class youtube video.

Now, let me share something with you...

The boot camp that I attend, which I have taken a month off to workout a home is pretty insane like Crossfit. And I have to share this...if the bootcamp class videos does not look like it is intense to where I am about to puke--then it is not worth my time.

Now, you may say that is pretty harsh but you know what? Investing in your body to bring it back to healthy is serious for people like me who have made up their minds on working out consistently and eating clean.

True, there are days when I will eat "unclean" but with moderation.

Overall, I want my workouts to be intense and walking away tired and feeling great. Not like tired as in overtraining but a great tired that I accomplished something. If I am in a group class, I want high fives and tired grins of "oh yeaahh, we made it"

So, is there a difference in boot camp classes? Of course there is and it all depends on the trainers because they have to be just as passionate and committed in helping you change to become a "healthier" you.

Granted, there are others who chooses to workout on their own and are doing great but this post is for people who enjoys group classes.

What do you think? Are you a fitness snob that will think, "MY bootcamp is THE GREATEST and BETTER THAN YOURS?"

Do share because I love my bootcamp classes and my trainer. She rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment