Friday, June 1, 2012

I'm going through a moment

Do you have one of those days that you want to work out but your body is not moving?

You have your workout clothes on and you are basically...

Brooding

Right now I am on a hiatus from group classes because I need to push myself on my own. Does that make sense? And I feel as if I'm failing like I am not doing enough.

This past week I was not feeling well and missed my workout schedule. So during this week, I planned that I'll wake up in the morning to head to work early so I can start walking / running the hills.

That hasn't happened.

I shared to myself that this was the week to really clean up my daily meals.

That hasn't happened either.

Then I started brooding and thinking probably I need to go back to bootcamp classes to get me motivated.

Hmmmm...wait a minute. This means that I'm admitting I'm a weakling and I can't do this by myself?

I had to snap out of that funky thought and I started reading the fitness blogs that I subscribe to and noticed that majority of these ladies are on THEIR OWN. So if they can do it, I can too.

Plus bootcamp classes have prices, which I am trying to be a good money manager.

Since this is the month of June. I think I will write down some goals.

1) Go to bed early: Everyone needs a good nights rest to wake up in the morning to work out

2) Stick to my workout schedule

3) Start using weights. At a certain age especially when you are 40, your body needs the balance of cardio and strength training.

4) Create a daily menu that is not unreasonable but doable.

5) That I can do this through prayer and strength that only God can give me

6) Start running a little more consistently because I really want a better timing in upcoming races I'm going to sign up for!

I feel better now :)

How about you? Have you ever been in a funky mode of fitness? What did you do? What do you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment