Monday, June 4, 2012

Up the ante, woman


It's been officially a month that I've been away from group classes and I'm still considering a return. However, I just weighed myself today after avoiding the scale because there's been remarks that I looked like I dropped weight (hmmm...)

I ran to one of the clinics I used to work in to use their scale (because it's digital and huge).

I lost 2.8 pounds.

Shall I jump for joy? Of course, because I was on a plateau and I had to ante up the TRX workouts as well as pushing myself to running faster instead of pacing myself. Mind you, I'm still keeping myself between 2 to 3 miles because I don't want to strain myself too soon.

Another thing that I have been telling myself is to ante up the food menu in regards to choosing things healthier instead of just eating moderately with a mixture of healthy and non-healthy foods. I figure ante up the food menu to focusing on healthier foods ranging from good protein to complex carbs as well as watching my protein, carbs, and fat intake not only on myfitnesspal.com but myself is a good accountability tool.

Plus, I'm about to re-do my workout schedule to include some strength training not just with TRX but with weights. I won't do away with my running but I do want to include HIIT with lateral ladders to do some HIIT in between TRX sets.

Ahhh...motivation.

What do you do when your numbers have dropped and your clothes are getting a little looser?

No comments:

Post a Comment